Wednesday 19 May 2021

HELMET - Take care of HEAD


After graduating in business Commerce\economics & getting International certification in I.T., I got a decent job in a I.T. company. I had no pressure from my family to get married as they are all aware of my affair with Shilpa.

Unaware of my love-dovie, during caste functions, most of my relatives pull me over to show me girls so that they can convince me for marrying their daughter\relatives and happens to meet this girl under such arranged marriage system for my cousin's & I also started liking this girl. Unfortunately it was my first such experience of seeing a girl & getting rejected - outright on my face. Later, out of curiosity, I asked my relative as to why she rejected me? My relative gave me a reason that she is expecting to marry a rich man.
I understand that most of the girls want to marry rich guys and It is very unfortunate how men are reduced to price tags. Put the details aside, what that girl was trying to do is an exchange of her “beauty” with “money”: Person A provides beauty, and Person B pays for it, fair and square.
However, there’s a deadly problem here, Girls beauty will fade some day, but money will not be gone unless for any good reason. The fact is, my income might increase from year to year, but she can’t be prettier year after year.
Hence from the viewpoint of economics, I am an appreciation asset, whereas she was a depreciation asset. It’s not just normal depreciation, but exponential depreciation. If that is her only asset, her value would be much worse 15-20 years later.
By the terms we use in Stock Market- every trading has a position so marrying with her is also a “trading position” So if the trade value dropped, we will sell it and it is not a good idea to keep it for long term – same goes with the marriage that she wanted and expected. It might be cruel to say this, but in order to make a wiser decision, any assets with great depreciation value will be eithr sold or “leased”.
I....ofcourse moved on in life and got married to a girl....love of my life.
15 years later i.e.years in 2014, on one the signal in Kandivali, I saw the same beautiful lady at a traffic signal with her husband seating on rear seat of their Honda Activa. While on green signal, she was trying to kickstart their scooter because seems like the battery start was not working. I looked out of my newly bought Sedan car and I briefly looked at her. Though she recognized me but still i didnt called her and without any hint of recognition, I moved from her eyes away, far from her... because I prefer to stay safe from such spices of human.
At that moment, after driving a two wheeler for over 25 years, first time in my life I realized the value of a helmet as she was trying to hide her face in it....
So always wear a helmet in your own safety !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment