Sunday 27 May 2012

MY PET, MY FRIEND..

THIS BLOG ORIGINALLY POSTED ON by Chetan Padhya on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 8:13pm



He is connected to my family almost from past 8 years & among his breed, he is treated as senior citizen as an 8 years of healthy life.

Every day morning, I have slogan in my mouth "ATITHI TUM KAB AVONGE?" Why? Because his special meal is waiting for him. Every day morning between 8:30am to 9am sharp, he come to my window & buzzes me. No matter whether I am in bathroom, bedroom or anywhere in my house, I need to whistle him or else he will keep issuing me notices by loudly barking in ascending order. This leads me to attend him immediately as if I am his fan follower or he is my employer. The door opens with big bowl of specially ordered biscuits for him. The moment he heard sound of door open, he started jumping on me, accompanied by body language -- tail-wagging or crouching with the head lowered and hindquarters raised etc. but eventually, I trained him not to jump with rejoice because if I am out of Mumbai, then Shilpa or Dhyeya needs feed him food & I know Shilpa does not like any animals at all.

My work involved me to traveling in early morning flight & late night flight return home so while morning, he is aware about my absence as he drop me till his border (my building gate) OR till Meru Cab thus initially Shilpa used to sooo him away (in my absence) but he never give up & stay near my door for almost an hour. From past 3-4 years now in my absence, Shilpa or Dhyeya, ensure that our guest is been taken good care because they know, he is special Dog for me. Couple of time, I tried Dogs Munchies, these ground rawhide munchies not only prevent plaque and tartar but also help to meet the gnawing needs of him like twisted Sticks or munchies roles but all in vain, he likes his DESI KHANA – Diamond biscuit…

We are loyal to our Country & proud to be Indian’s & likewise he is also loyal to his Territory/border – my entire 55 Sq.Ft building. He always barks to protect his territory and a “bark/reward” cycle may be established when other fugitive dogs leaves his territory. This bark/reward may lead him to bark at other service people, neighbors and passersby but from 8 years, he is self-introduced to people who come to the building regularly.

It is said that when ONE is about to be away from you, you will realize true value……. Sometimes pain or illness triggers barking. Since he is a well-behaved dog in his usual environment begins barking or creating other forms of vocalization. With the help of my veterinary doctor, I realized that he was suffering from disease called "Leptospirosis" & among his community “Street Dogs”, this is commonly seen deadly disease.
Couple Days ago when he was at advance stage & with least chance of return. I was crying for him but all in all, I want to see same enthusiasm, he was earlier in. Thus arrangement to be made for a special dogs van carrying veterinary doctor recommended all chances of him recovered. I was happy, I was in love again, I rejoice & felt like JUMP THE SAME WAY, he was jumping on me.....one of the most loyal, anyone can blindly trust on, my dog "MOTI" was out danger now, with 1st round of medication.

Now he is back to his original JOSHhhhhhh & form. I love him & he loves me toooo……now everyday, my morning starts with his RAGA, as always it used to be.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment