Thursday 3 July 2014

My Girlfriend.....

I am in relationship with her from quiet sometime now as I know her from 1991. She is my girl, who is as much educated as I am, Who was earning almost double than me when we tie a knot....

She had millions of dreams and aspirations just as I have because she is as human as I am.

Right from childhood she was in kitchen in her life just like my Sisters were, even though she was busy in studies and competing in a system that gives no special concession to her for their culinary achievements.

One, who has lived and loved her parents & brother, almost as much as I do for 20-25 years of her life.

One, who has bravely agreed to leave behind all that, her home, people who love her, to adopt my small home, my family, my ways and even my family name.

One, who is somehow expected to be a master-chef from day #1, while I sleep oblivious to her predicament in her new circumstances, environment and that kitchen

One, who is expected to make the tea, first thing in the morning and cook food at the end of the day, even if she is as tired as I am, maybe more, and yet never ever expected to complain;
to be a servant, a cook, a mother, a wife, even if she doesn't want to; and is learning just like i am as to what I want from her; and is clumsy and sloppy at times and knows that I won't like it if she is too demanding, or if she learns faster than me.

On other hand, she has her own set of friends, and that includes boys and even men at her workplace too, those, who she knows from school days and I never had my irrational jealousy, unnecessary competition and my inherent insecurities as we were, together school mate.

Yes, she can drink and dance just as well as I can.
But she never liked it, neither she tried any of it, even I insisted.

One, who can be late from work once in a while when deadlines, just like mine, are to be met.

One, who is doing her level best and wants to make this most important, relationship in her entire life a grand success, if I just help her little and trust her.

One, who just wants one thing from me, as I am the only one she knows in my entire house - my generous support, my sensitivities and most importantly - my understanding, or love, if you may call it.

I thank & appreciate "HER"....
 — feeling loved with Shilpa Padhya

No comments:

Post a Comment