Friday 23 October 2015

Maa Durga...



I visited Kolkata twice but never got an opportunity during Navratri festivals. While visiting Durga Puja organized by "Krishti" in Kandivali, I felt like I am in Kolkata
Two of my senior officials were actively participating in this Durga Puja & I was trying to visit this Pandal from past 2 year's & somehow this year, was succeed to visit.
On the entrance, Chiradeep greet us & took all of us to take worshiping idols & during worship, in the fit of excitements, my heartbeat jumps to leaps & bounce & I could not stop salt water roses from my eye. My sentimental side not known my all colleagues & hence I rushed to take picture & kept myself away from them. Taking glimpse of all deity, starting from lord Ganesha, Maa Laxmi, Maa Durga, Maa Saraswati & Kartick I felt like I am blessed...It was like a dream come true to visit a huge Pandal of Durga Puja performed by pure bengali devotees. Manosh served us delicious Bengali meal . It was so tasty & mouth watering.

From past 15 years, Shilpa is brining "Garbi" at home hence all songs enchanted during Navratri, are on my tongue. Every year, me & Dhyeya gets ready with our kartalas to support Shilpa in Garbi Puja. Papa ensures to visit this Puja for sure as he feel blessings of Maa. Naynamom also brings Garbi & hearing sweetest & melodious tone brings thrill to dance.
On the day of "Atham" (8th day) we  ensure to  visit Temple of "Maa Ambe" in Borivali, "Maa Vaishnav devi" in Malad. Garland for Door, Car & Bike, is a must. I try to buy something on the day of Dussehara, feeling of buying on this auspicious day is token of remembrance of Navratri. On the Ninth day, I put all my diet at bay, building kiosk open up my tummy to balloon shape & I eat too much fafda/jalebi with hot tea. My weight is boost up during these festival time.
Playing Garba in tune of Falguni Pathak is also must. My corporate culture does not allow me to attend all night-out but once or twice late nights are fixed. During teenage, I used to be Prize winner of Gold Chain, Cash prize etc. Old memory is still floating in my heart…..

Navratri also known as 'Vijaydashami' which means Vijaya over these nine bad qualities & “Dasha Hara” is a Sanskrit word which means removal of nine bad qualities within you
1)Kama vasana (Lust)
2)Krodha (Anger)
3)Moha (Attachment)
4)Lobha (Greed)
5)Mada (Over Pride)
6)Matsara (Jealousy)
8)Swartha (Selfishness)
9)Anyaaya (Injustice)

Happy Dussehara to all & eagerly waiting for next Garbi.

No comments:

Post a Comment