Friday 10 March 2017

God & their pet animals


Recently one my close relative posted his experience with his kid anti-non vegetarians behaviour in posh Restaurant. His son reluctantly didn't ate non-veg food & his experience made me think of my prayers & love for these animals.

Every prayer, I make in my temple, made me think of all Animals/birds i loved & accompanied by our Hindu gods....

The Hindu faith, the cradle of which is India, is a religion which dotes upon the birds and animals. In fact, the religion has bestowed the fur, feathers and fins species the status of divinity by linking their multifarious gods and goddesses to various animals/birds.

The gods and goddesses in Hindu mythology travel in supersonic speed on these animals/birds. Different gods have different vahanas (animal vehicles). The literal meaning of the word ‘vahana’ is ‘that which carries, that which pulls’. Mesopotamian gods and goddesses were all associated with vahanas.

Every day, I pray to Lord Ganesha- who himself in the form of Elephant & accompanied by Mouse.
I pray to Lord Shiva- accompanied by Holy bull named Nandi & Cobra Snake around his neck.
I pray to Lord Krishna- accompanied by Holy Cow & Peakock.
I pray to Lord Surya- accompanied by White Horse.
I pray to Lord Vishnu- accompanied by Eagle called Garuda.
I pray to Lord Narsimha- who himself in the form of Lion.
I pray to godess Durga- who accompanied by Lion.
Indra the God of Rain comes with white elephant called Airavat.

I also pray tortoise in my temple for spreading peace & harmony...

Matsya (a fish) is one the form of Lord Vishnu...

I also pray to goodness Saraswati for giving me this knowledge & wisdom so that I m able write this, is also accompanied by white Swan....

If one loved Soul, one love every living being....& our Kids are role model for it....

1 comment: